Wednesday, November 11, 2009

First Letter From MTC

Hey family!

The first email of the mission! I hope all is going well at home. Life is great here. The first couple of days were pretty insane. We just got thrown into the the schedule and had to figure out what to do on our own but we managed to get it together.

My first companion is Elder Bromwell. He is amazingly hilarious. He is from a small town in Arkansas (population 400.) He's got the accident and all. Sooo redneck but awesome! He and I are really starting to work well together. It's awesome. Last night we had our first experience teaching outside of teaching other missionaries. I thought it went really well. It was really neat to feel the Spirit there. The guy we taught was from Puerto Rico and we had to talk to him in Spanish for 5 minutes and it was torture! He spoke so fast but to make us feel better he told us that Domincans speak about 100 times faster. Up to that point I thought that spanish was going pretty well but now I realise I have a lot of work to do :).

Last night we had a fireside from Elder William Walker on temples. IT was nice and sparked a great testimony meeting afterwards. The Spirit was present and it reminded me the importance of temples.

My schedule here is pretty crazy. We have classes most the day and eat a lot. The last couple of days have been different. My companion has had to have some meetings with people and all so Ive spent a lot of my time in the waiting room of the MTC presidents office. But the meetings are done now and he gets to stay which is awesome because he has really come out of his shell. He has had a rough life and has an interesting story. But sitting in the office has allowed me to have a lot of personal study time which is good. Ive spent a lot of time this week studying King Benjamins address which I have come to appreciate more and more. So many great principles are found there.

Tatums friend Elder Urry is in my district. He is my roomate and he is an amazing kid. He is a solid kid and a great athlete. My other roomate is Elder Money who is from Phoenix as well. Same town as Dawn lives in but I do not know how to spell it. We four are the only ones in our district and zone that are going to the Domincan.Vicki sent me a package that got here Thursday which was very nice and very fun. Everyone said I most be loved to get bread and brownies my first full day here. They were AMAZING. Thanks very much :)

We have four Hermanas in our distict. Actually only three cause one switched districts. They are amazing and make me feel like im at home again being mothered :)

The food here is good. Kinda. Nothing like Mom's cooking and lets just say the food isn't going to well in anyones stomach so the aroma around here is unique. I saw Brindy twice yesterday working in the cafe. That was pretty fun!

The work is hard but rewarding. Im grateful for the oppurtunity I have to serve the Lord. I am ver grateful for the Dear Elder letters they are very fun. Thanks for your love and support from everyone!

I love you all very much and look forward to hearing from you!

Love

Elder Wilson

P.S. Sunflower seeds are popular :)

No comments:

Post a Comment