Monday, December 13, 2010

I think your dog needs to go outside?

Wealthy family in Azua

Elders and members playing basketball in Mesopotamia San Juan









Haitians being deported. (Seth is 30 miles from Haiti)

Elder Moya and Elder Martin



Wueeyyyy

How are we all doing in Tucson?!?! I saw the video of Mikayla.
Hilarious. What a character. She ws going crtazy. It was good to
see toby too!! :)
Im doing pretty well here. I love the new area and the new people.
The ward members seem to love me and my comp is great. They all say
that Im already dominican. Makes me feel really good. I feel like
they really accept me and that makes life a lot easier. Mesopotamia is
the furthest most outward part of San Juan. We live right in front of
a big army base thingy. WE live with two other Elders. Elder Carruth
from California and Elder Noel from Haiti. I got made
district leader. It is pretty weird because I am the oldest in the House and in the
District. Its weird being the oldest in the district. I still feel
so young. One of our zone leaders is going home this week. His name
is Elder Martin. Hes from Texas and reminds me a ton of Jake and even
looks like him a little. I sent a picture of him home. He and I are
already best buds after a week and we tore up everyone in basketball
today. We played on an indoor, wood floored court. The first time in
over a year doing that. As Dad would say i was en fuego today and it
felt good. We kicked everyone else butt. I couldnt miss from three.
Our house is pretty disgusting. Its a three story apartment and we
live on the bottom and wow the sewage pipe from the story above us is
leaking into our shower. Its kinda gross but the house always has
light (electricity) and water so I love it. Always having light is a
major blessing that I will never ever take for granted again!!! The
water is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freezing everytime we
shower. Theres a kid from Arizona that knows Tatum, Elder Kiely or
something like that. He has a water heater thing thats like a shower
head. its like 800 pesos, like 23 dollars around there. Thats what I
am going to buy when the credit card comes from Christmas money. It
works sooo well. I dont know why more missionaries dont have it...
Elder Morgan is from Utah valley and loves BYU so its a bummer U of A
lost I dont have bragging rights. HEs a good kid. Lots of fun. We
get along really well. His dad also served in Japan Idk if it was the
same mission.
On the way here I wrote a 2 hour bus ride alone without any other
missionaries! That was kinda weird not going to lie. ITs been awhile
since I was alone!
This week we were teaching a man and was going great. He accepted a
baptism date and everything. I was thinking wow this is soo easy!
Then as we were talking more and more we started to realize we was
kinda crazy. At the end we were trying to get him to pray and so he
repeated me what I said. At the end I said in the name of Jesus
Christ Amen and he heard me wrong and said bless my wife and then I
said "that too" and idk I guess you had to be there but it was
hilarious and we both started laugh histarically but I didnt want the
guy to get offended so I was like "I think you dog farted" and Elder
Morgan said "oh wow ya it smells really bad", still cracking up and
the guy gets up and beats the living day light out of the dog. IT was
soooooo funny.
I had to speak on my first sunday here. I spoke about conversion and
Alma 5 and how we as members of the church need to make sure we are
having the change in our heart always happening. How were building up
Zion not just ourselves. A lot of people in this country say that
Salvation is individual. I talked about how thats not true. We are
here to build up Zion. To lose our lives for God in order to have him
save it like it says in marcos 8. I think it went pretty well.
But life is good here. Im really enjoying everything. MY back and
neck have been bothering me kinda bad in this last week. Idk if
theres anything that I can do to help that?
But other than that I got a package from fud and dud. Thanks a bunch
as you can see we already put the tree up!!! They say that the other
packages are coming later in the assistants truck because it was too
much for the zone leaders to carry the packages for all the
missionaries here in san juan.
I love you all so much. Thanks for your love and support. I feel it
everyday and I am very grateful for that. I love you lots! Until
next week.
Love
Elder Wilson

1 comment: