Monday, March 28, 2011

District Conference and Carnival

Hey Fam how are you doing?!?
I am doing great and loving life here in San Juan. Last week they ended up canceling the temple trip but we are going to leave for the capital today adn going to the temple tomorrow in the morning. I am not really looking for to riding en a caribe tours bus again because i get so carsick everytime. I would rather a beat up opened windowed bus way more. But it will be worth it to be able to go to the temple.
This week was great we had lots of success and found lots of new people. We have some great investigatores that will really progress. We have one named Lauri and she is SOOO amazing. Always reads and ponders about it and is receiving answers to her prayers and gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon. She was from a diferent religion before so she is taking a little longer to accept a batismal date but she is so amazing. They other people we have just need to get married and then they will get baptised. We are working with a family of 5 that would be awesome. THe husband is almost never there so that makes it a little harder. I think they will get bapitized too. If I leave in the next transfer I will miss a lot of their baptisms but the important thing is that they get baptized. I will be so happy.
It was district conference weekend here in San Juan. Presidente Almonte and a member of the Area Seventy came. It was really good. As we were going out to our area to work we saw maricela, the one that going baptised 2 weeks ago, on the way to the saturday session. It was such a cool experience seeing her walking with her less active friend to the sat session. Just seeing the fruits of the labor. We were able to help the friend get active and her to get baptized and they are progressing on their own now. I kinda felt like a proud parent would of their kid doing the right things.
It has been pretty crazy here with the carnival. Its a holiday thingy they have here where everyone dresses up in masks with whips going around everywhere. Its pretty cool. Its liuke that picture i sent you the other day.
I love my calling and the chance I have to be here. Thanks for all your love and support and prayers. I learned a lot from Pres Almonte's talk yesterday. He talked about the power of prayer and how we cant just be beggars when we pray. We have to come up with a plan as we pray and have to act so that God can answer our prayers. IT was a good lesson for me.
Love you all so much thanks for your love and support
love
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment